The Chevaliers d’Aux (descendants of the Comtes d’Armagnac) were the first owners of this Estate in Bégadan in 1632.
Seized as a state property in the Year IV of the French Revolution, this estate was then turned into a relay for stagecoaches, better known in the Medoc under the name “Patache”.
Classified as a Cru Bourgeois in 1932, this estate has been owned by the Lapalu family in 1964.
Powerful and concentrated, the wines of Patache d’Aux present a remarkable ability for ageing. It is always amazing to notice the aromatic freshness and the solid structure of certain vintages after 10 or 15 years.